One of My Favorite Days
Today is one of my favorite days of the year: Valentine’s Day.
While some consider the day to be sappy or a Hallmark Holiday, they are mistaken. At least about the Hallmark Holiday part. As I revealed a few years ago, Valentine’s Day observance is much older than Hallmark. And, yes, Valentine’s Day may be sappy, but that can be a good thing. Really. It can.
Valentine’s Day and its associated traditions have many things going for it:
- It encourages the unromantic to be romantic, at least for one day of the year.
- Who wouldn’t enjoy receiving a box of chocolates?
- Receiving something in the mail other than bills and unsolicited credit card offers is a wonderful surprise.
- You can express your love and appreciation not only for the special some one in your life, but also for all of the other special some ones, and no one will think that you’re being weird. (Unless you really are being weird.)
- And don’t forget, married people get to wear fun pajamas.
- If all this doesn’t grab you, then I’ll point out one more: $1.88 .info domain sale at Domain Discover.
Yes, Valentine’s Day is a great day. Don’t be a Valentine’s Grinch. Take this opportunity to express your love to all of the special people in your life!